How many resolutions have you kept, and if so ……
Another year is done and the New Year will be upon us in a few hours. Oh yes, some of you are making resolutions and some are making commitments – all good intentions, but how many do you keep, and if you do, for how long?
If you are, or want to be a photographer, here is a list of 10 “DO’s” worth committing to:
- Learn to be deliberate with each image.
- Don’t shoot the same frame unless you make a change
- Learn and pay attention to composition
- Learn and pay attention to exposure (expose to the right)
- Respect your subject – always
- Don’t get enamored with new equipment – unless you have mastered what is in your bag
- Make images don’t just take images
- Look behind you – there is another image, possibly even better
- Be aware of photographer’s etiquette (it is common sense)
- Learn something every single day (it may not be new)
To my readers, those who have attended my workshops, classes and al my friends, I give a heartfelt thanks for 2013! I look forward to another exciting year with you in 2014. To all A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.